When you read my Blog.....

Welcome Dear Reader. Obviously you are here because, like me, you are also searching for that Elusive thing called Happiness. I f you want to join my search go back to the First Post and start from there......Comments are always welcome and contributions too.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Happiness & Moving on - Part2

You may wonder, dear reader, why the same title. Well, I thought it appropriate to put it here because of some events that happened over the last few days.

This blog was started as a record of my Search for Happiness. From the time I started this I've had glimpses of what I thought was Happiness only to realize that it was only an illusion.

Again, now, I'm on the threshold of discovering something more that might just be the stimulant I need to pick me up and take me further. It's a new found friend. This person has an uncanny resemblance to the friend I lost. Right down from the name to the similarities in their lives and family structures.

Meanwhile God is upto his tricks again. I have learned to believe that it is pointless to look back down the road we travelled, especially if it were strewn with unpleasant memories. I had text message in my phone the other day from a school friend. He said we'd lose sight of new opportunites on the road ahead if we kept looking back over our shoulder expecting a missing past to return. I thought it was perfect for my life.

For the past few weeks I've been keeping my eyes peeled on the road ahead. I don't want to miss the slightest chance to be Happy!!

I found a new friend and we seem to have hit of from the start. It was only then I realized that my past was going to haunt me again. You see, my new friend has the same name as my lost friend!

Not satisfied with watching me squirm God had another cheeky trick to play on me. I 'm about to launch a new venture and the day, chosen by the family, for the launch was based on traditional beliefs. It was much later that I realized, when I looked at the calander, the day was certainly very auspicious but the date was a slap in the face. It was the birthday of my lost friend.

I told my new friend that God has a twisted sense of humour. That certainly was a double whammy.

God can be really funny sometimes. He wants me to move on but wants me to hang on to the past!!

No comments:

Post a Comment