When you read my Blog.....

Welcome Dear Reader. Obviously you are here because, like me, you are also searching for that Elusive thing called Happiness. I f you want to join my search go back to the First Post and start from there......Comments are always welcome and contributions too.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Medicine for Happiness?

Is there a medicine to bring back Happiness? I know it's funny question but there are people in this world who think that way.

When I suddenly lost my Best Friend to circumstances beyond our control, I broke down. Suddenly the world was empty and cruel. Everything I saw with my myopic eyes were ranged against me. I went into a shell because I felt that a part of me had been hacked away with a butcher's knife.

I was down. Cursing Gods, pleading with them and crying out aloud. It was just that I had no one to turn to. My only friend was lost to me and another had her own problems to handle. This second friend made a comment that I was going into Depression and that jolted me.

I wasn't going into Depression. She was wrong. I was just suffering the pangs of being separated from a friend I truly loved (and still love). How can I be branded as a psycho case? If that was the case every person who suffers from the loss of a loved one through death or separation or otherwise should all be 'depressed'. How much farther from truth can you be?

If we lose someone we love, we'll feel it deep within us. It will hurt and unlike physical pain there is really no medicine. Unfortunately there is a group of individuals who prey on sufferers like this. They come in various shapes and sizes and call themselves fancy names, though I'd rather call them vultures.

These "mind-healers" diagnose you with 'depression', a word we are all familiar with. Instead of helping you identify and overcome the cause of your sadness they brand you depressed or psychotic, give the 'disease' a fancy name and pump you full of medicines that leave you drowsy, stuporous and muddle headed. 

The unfortunate thing about these medicines are that you become dependent on it. You feel the 'depression' taking you over if you don't take the medicines. What we don't realize is that it's a mind thing. 

The best medicine is our faith in ourselves. If we put our minds to it we can work around it. All it requires is a change in our mind sets.............and perhaps a good friend to help you along. Given time, any problem can be overcome.

Happiness is a state of mind. It cannot be purchased off the shelf like a medicine and most definitely anti-depressants or anti-psychotics are not the answer.

If we look within ourselves,  Happiness is there to be found. It's always a little difficult to get at, amidst all that clutter within ourselves, but it's definitely there.

We only need to be patient and keep searching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment