When you read my Blog.....

Welcome Dear Reader. Obviously you are here because, like me, you are also searching for that Elusive thing called Happiness. I f you want to join my search go back to the First Post and start from there......Comments are always welcome and contributions too.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Of Possessiveness - 2

(to be read after the previous post)

When I get into a relationship with someone, man or woman, I take my time. To me, a good friend is for life. Which means I will go all out to ensure that I keep that friend happy that they value and cherish the relationship we share.

The 'bad' part of it is that, once I make up my mind about becoming someone's friend I never let go. My commitment is for life. Even if my friend walks out of my life I'll keep worrying about them. I'll respect their space and not trouble them much but I like to remind them once in a while that I still exist. After all if the commitment was mutual, the friend who walked out (usually always that way, I never walk out on anyone) also will think of me once in  awhile. So for every sneeze of mine my friend would have sneezed a thousand times.

Now how does possessiveness come into this definition? I usually recognize when I go over the top with my attention and pause to ask my friend if I'm overwhelming them with my affection. To date no one has complained. As a matter of fact my best friend once told me she liked the attention I showered on her.

Being possessive is alright as long as it does not infringe on your friend's freedom. If I think all the attention is becoming a distraction to my friend and a bit restrictive I usually step back, especially when I get definite signs that I'm overdoing things.

Can that backward step be construed as a reversal in the relationship? Never, my reader. My commitment is for a lifetime. I'm only stepping back to avoid stepping on my friends toes.

Possessiveness is Love. If love overwhelms you then perhaps it was no reciprocated correctly. I mean the friend was not as sincere. Then what was the relationship about anyway.

I'm a possessive person. If you want to be my friend be ready to be overwhelmed.

One parting suggestion, ( because I hate "advising" people) -  
"Walk in the other guy’s shoes. Before you do, sanitize them so you don’t get foot fungus. After you’ve walked a mile in them, give them back, and respect that he might not be willing to walk in yours yet."



No comments:

Post a Comment