When you read my Blog.....

Welcome Dear Reader. Obviously you are here because, like me, you are also searching for that Elusive thing called Happiness. I f you want to join my search go back to the First Post and start from there......Comments are always welcome and contributions too.

Sunday 3 April 2011

Social Networking & Happiness

This is a strange world today. Friendships are made online and dies online. Such acquaintances suffer no pangs of separation because they are like that.

After all your real Friend is your Computer. It's the bird cage in which all your frinds are confined.
What does it matter if your friend on the other side is suffering? You can sympathetically cluck like a concerned hen sitting halfway across the globe. You friend feels happy you 'felt' for him/her. Their day is made.

I've signed up in many sites like that also. I confess, even Adult Friend Finder recently (just to see if a middle aged man could find emotional support, how foolinsh of me!). All the networking sites are similar. When they start off it's only for friends, communities, stable relationships and perhaps even marriage. Eventually, 90% of the members are looking for sex, I'm not minicing words here because I'm so disappointed.

That is because, young girls just out of their teens want "an older experienced gentleman, willing to spend" for a discrete relationship. If you are out for sex, why ask for money? Funny.

Here I am a 40 something man, suffering the pangs of separation, searching for a lost friend (first 9 priorities) or make a new one (10th on priority list), looking for emotional support and companionship. Sex is the last thing on my mind because I believe sex with a stranger is lust. Any whore will do then. I need to be compatible emotionally before I can jump into bed. I make love gently & passionately. I can't enjoy raw sex without that bonding in mind and heart. 

Forgive me if I sound like an idiot. I know most of my readers will be shaking their heads in pity and telling each other that I don't know which side of my bread is buttered.

It's Ok. I will live with my faults. Take it or leave it.

Social Networking will not give me the Happiness I'm searching for but I  might find some rare Gems that I will value all my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment