When you read my Blog.....

Welcome Dear Reader. Obviously you are here because, like me, you are also searching for that Elusive thing called Happiness. I f you want to join my search go back to the First Post and start from there......Comments are always welcome and contributions too.

Sunday 3 April 2011

To the Stranger I walk with



Got sidetracked a bit by other events like the World Cup (which India won so convincingly).

This is that point in life where the compass has not four, but forty directions. I'm not sure which way to turn because each road seems like an obstacle course worse than the next. I'm not contemplating giving up but I'm looking at my inbuilt GPS to guide me. However, there is nothing better to have beside you than a companion who has travelled the road before.

I've been resting on the wayside when this stranger came along and sat beside me. For want of nothing to do I picked up a conversation and I find the stranger is no more a 'stranger'. Like God sent someone with more experience to guide me along.

 I'm too much of an introvert and my friends are few. It hurts when I lose them, and badly. So when a stranger extends a hand in friendship I'm hesitant.
"Will you be my Friend?" is not my question; "Will you be my Friend Forever?" is. That is because I'm tired of travelling life alone. I only need a friend. 

Someone I can turn to when the whole world seems ranged against me. Someone who can help me make decisions without bias. Someone who likes me or loves me for what I am.

A true friend knows no two souls are alike. There will be a lot of differences and few similarities but it takes three different bundles of hair to make a braid. A true friend is someone who will accept my quirks without complaint. An undemanding unconditional friend.


That is because I'm like that. Unconditional, undemanding, and always accepting anything my friend throws at me even if it hurts a bit in the bargain. After all, what are Friends for?

Dear Stranger......sorry, Dear Friend, I hope we will find something in each other that will make us friends for life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment